“Go Wild for a Cure” September 1 at the Hattiesburg Zoo! | Community Spirit
The Seth Harris Childhood Cancer Foundation, together with The Hattiesburg Zoo, Mississippi Blood Services and Be The Match! Bone Marrow Registry invites you to Go Wild for a Cure at Kamper Park in Hattiesburg, Sept. 1.
The SHCCF will be at the entrance handing out free gold balloons from 10 a.m. until 2 :p.m. to mark the beginning of September as National Childhood Cancer Awareness Month. Entertainment will be provided at the pavilion at Kamper Park.
A portion of the proceeds from advance ticket sales will help to fund an open-air courtyard project at Blair E. Batson, Mississippi’s only Children’s Hospital. Call Dawn Harris at 601-764-7350 to purchase your tickets, or visit www.shccf.org for more information.
Upcoming Events near Lamar County
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Teenager dies in Covington County car crash
- Two-car accident in Collins kills two, victims names released
- Former sheriff deputy found on opposite side of the law
- Alleged child molester posts $300,000 bond in Covington County
- Collins Fire Department responds to accident thanks to specialized response equipment
- US Senator Thad Cochran runs for re-election, opponent Chris McDaniel reacts
- Ellisville names citizen of the year
- Salvation Army hosts "Fill a Truck" event benefiting Angel Tree Program
- Midday Guest: Lou Ellen Adams with Petal Relay For Life
- Midday Guest: Kerry Camille and Kim Pittman with JA Pennington's Night Out
- Columbia police make daylight drug bust
- Marion County man pleads guilty to fondling a 13-year-old boy
- A messy and expensive sewage situation in Columbia is close to being resolved.
- Marion County child molestation suspect's bond revoked
- Marion County Board restores $50,000 of Marion County Development Partnership's budget