SMAA watercolors and sculpture exhibit at WCU | Arts & Culture
The following is a press release from William Carey University:
William Carey University will host a reception to celebrate the opening of “A Juried Exhibition of Watercolors and Sculptures” by the South Mississippi Art Association on Nov. 29, from 5 - 6 p.m. in the Lucile Parker Gallery in the Thomas Fine Arts Center. Thirty-one watercolors and 10 sculptures are on display. The exhibit runs through December 14.
The SMAA is an organization composed of Hattiesburg area artists who are interested in gathering together to further develop their talents and fuel their passion for art. The members share their artwork with the community through a variety of venues in order to increase awareness of the benefits of art. Currently, SMAA has over 150 members.
The reception and exhibit are open to the public. The gallery is open Monday through Friday, from 1 – 4 p.m. or by appointment (601) 318-6192.
Top Lamar County Stories
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Hattiesburg residents speak out on immigration bill
- Thriffiley New Director-Liaison for Osher Lifelong Learning Institute
- USM halts tornado relief in deference to Oklahoma Tornado Tragedy
- Hattiesburg Sunrise Rotary Club gives $5000 to scouts
- Southern Miss halts solicitations for campus beautification campaign