SMAA watercolors and sculpture exhibit at WCU | Arts & Culture
The following is a press release from William Carey University:
William Carey University will host a reception to celebrate the opening of “A Juried Exhibition of Watercolors and Sculptures” by the South Mississippi Art Association on Nov. 29, from 5 - 6 p.m. in the Lucile Parker Gallery in the Thomas Fine Arts Center. Thirty-one watercolors and 10 sculptures are on display. The exhibit runs through December 14.
The SMAA is an organization composed of Hattiesburg area artists who are interested in gathering together to further develop their talents and fuel their passion for art. The members share their artwork with the community through a variety of venues in order to increase awareness of the benefits of art. Currently, SMAA has over 150 members.
The reception and exhibit are open to the public. The gallery is open Monday through Friday, from 1 – 4 p.m. or by appointment (601) 318-6192.
Upcoming Events near Lamar County
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Teenager dies in Covington County car crash
- Two-car accident in Collins kills two, victims names released
- Former sheriff deputy found on opposite side of the law
- Alleged child molester posts $300,000 bond in Covington County
- Collins Fire Department responds to accident thanks to specialized response equipment
- Children have breakfast with Santa to help Hattiesburg Homes of Hope
- Hattiesburg High students take medical field path and receive white coats
- US Senator Thad Cochran runs for re-election, opponent Chris McDaniel reacts
- Ellisville names citizen of the year
- Salvation Army hosts "Fill a Truck" event benefiting Angel Tree Program
- Columbia police make daylight drug bust
- Marion County man pleads guilty to fondling a 13-year-old boy
- A messy and expensive sewage situation in Columbia is close to being resolved.
- Marion County child molestation suspect's bond revoked
- Marion County Board restores $50,000 of Marion County Development Partnership's budget