Actor/Writer Rick Lenz speaks to USM students | Arts & Culture
Actor and writer Rick Lenz spoke to a standing room only crowd at the Trent Lott Center on the USM campus Tuesday.
His lecture is a part of the University Honors Forum Series. Lenz spoke of his humble acting beginnings in Jackson, Michigan all the way to his time in the limelight with his breakout role in Cactus Flower as Goldie Hawn’s character’s neighbor, Igor Sullivan.
His lecture “The Mixed Joys of Show Business” detailed how his time as an actor wasn’t all glitz and glamor. He had a few years where he was a struggling actor barely making ends meet and almost gave up on his acting dream. Lenz told stories about meeting Walter Matthau, being “bopped” on the head by John Wayne while filming The Shootist as well as meeting the lovely and homely Angela Lansbury.
Then he held a Q&A where Lenz said though the road is tough and long, if you make it as an actor and in movies, it’s one of the most wonderful experiences you’ll ever have.
If you would like to know more information about Rick Lenz or his auto-biographical book “North of Hollywood”, click HERE to go to his official website.
Upcoming Events near Lamar County
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Teenager dies in Covington County car crash
- Two-car accident in Collins kills two, victims names released
- Former sheriff deputy found on opposite side of the law
- Alleged child molester posts $300,000 bond in Covington County
- Collins Fire Department responds to accident thanks to specialized response equipment
- Columbia police make daylight drug bust
- Marion County man pleads guilty to fondling a 13-year-old boy
- A messy and expensive sewage situation in Columbia is close to being resolved.
- Marion County child molestation suspect's bond revoked
- Marion County Board restores $50,000 of Marion County Development Partnership's budget