WUSM presents Southbound Crescent at the WUSM Homecoming Tailgate Concert Series | Arts & Culture
The following is a press release from WUSM:
The WUSM Homecoming Tailgate Concert Series continues on Oct. 20 with Southbound Crescent Band. Catch great, free, live music on Centennial Green on the Southern Miss campus starting at 3 p.m. before Southern Miss takes on Marshall for homecoming.
Southbound Crescent offers a diverse selection of music from blues, rock, country, R&B and simply fun. Southbound Crescent Band consists of a diverse group of musicians led by Lanna Wakeland and Eric Rodgers. They have performed with some of the best musicians in the area, including, Nashville Songwriter Craig Wiseman, Wes Loper, Grammy Award Winner, Al "Fish" Herring, Louisiana Blues Hall of Fame member, Wardell Williams, Lloyd "Hurricane" Munn, The All Munn Brothers Band, and Wes Lee only to name a few.
The tailgate concert series is a free event that is open to the public. It will be held on USM’s Hattiesburg campus at the Centennial Green located next to Danforth Chapel.
WUSM can be heard anytime online at www.southernmissradio.com.
For More information about the Tailgate Concert Series or WUSM sponsorship, visit southernmissradio.com or contact Lesley Sanders-Wood at 601.266.5188.
Upcoming Events near Lamar County
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Teenager dies in Covington County car crash
- Two-car accident in Collins kills two, victims names released
- Former sheriff deputy found on opposite side of the law
- Alleged child molester posts $300,000 bond in Covington County
- Collins Fire Department responds to accident thanks to specialized response equipment
- C Spire launches next phase of its fiber to the home initiative: Homeowner Pre-Registration for 100 times faster internet
- Suspect charged after string of burglaries at Hattiesburg High School
- Sumrall woman delivers afghan blankets to Collins veterans
- Salvation Army collects for Christmas Angels
- Mississippi Supreme Court ruling stands in soccer cases against USM
- Marion County man appears before judge in Marion County sexual battery case
- Columbia police make daylight drug bust
- Marion County man pleads guilty to fondling a 13-year-old boy
- A messy and expensive sewage situation in Columbia is close to being resolved.
- Marion County child molestation suspect's bond revoked