World renowned quartet to perform free concert at Southern Miss | Arts & Culture
Hailed by the New York Times as possessing “explosive vigor and technical finesse”, the dynamic Miró Quartet, one of America’s highest-profile string quartets, enjoys its place at the top of the international chamber music scene.
Now, the critically acclaimed ensemble comes to Hattiesburg for a free performance as part of the Connoisseur Series event is Oct. 24 at 7:30 p.m. in Marsh Auditorium on the Southern Miss Hattiesburg campus
Founded in 1995 at the Oberlin Conservatory, the Miró Quartet met with immediate success, winning competition after competition. Recent seasons have included concerts in some of the world’s most important concert venues and music festivals. They have been quartet-in-residence at the Chamber Music Society of Lincoln Center Two in New York City, and named to the Distinctive Debut Series of Carnegie Hall.
For more on this article, click HERE to go to the USM website.
Upcoming Events near Lamar County
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Teenager dies in Covington County car crash
- Two-car accident in Collins kills two, victims names released
- Former sheriff deputy found on opposite side of the law
- Alleged child molester posts $300,000 bond in Covington County
- Collins Fire Department responds to accident thanks to specialized response equipment
- US Senator Thad Cochran runs for re-election, opponent Chris McDaniel reacts
- Ellisville names citizen of the year
- Salvation Army hosts "Fill a Truck" event benefiting Angel Tree Program
- Midday Guest: Lou Ellen Adams with Petal Relay For Life
- Midday Guest: Kerry Camille and Kim Pittman with JA Pennington's Night Out
- Columbia police make daylight drug bust
- Marion County man pleads guilty to fondling a 13-year-old boy
- A messy and expensive sewage situation in Columbia is close to being resolved.
- Marion County child molestation suspect's bond revoked
- Marion County Board restores $50,000 of Marion County Development Partnership's budget