WUSM presents the WUSM Roots Reunion Weekend | Arts & Culture
The following is a press release from WUSM Roots Radio:
WUSM-FM (88.5fm) is proud to present the WUSM Roots Reunion Weekend.
Come out and take part in a free weekend of fantastic roots music with the WUSM Roots Reunion Weekend, October 12 and October 13, brought to you by WUSM (88.5).
The weekend kicks off Friday October 12 at 7 p.m. at the Saenger Theatre in historic downtown Hattiesburg. Catch great local roots music from Magnolia Junction, Wes Lee, Cross Ties, Scott Chism and the Better Half, and Ben Wiley Payton.
The weekend continues on October 13 at Town Square Park in the Hattiesburg Historic District. The music starts at 12 p.m. and continues until 4 p.m. - just in time to catch the art walk that night. The Music Maker Relief Foundation will present nationally known blues artists Ben Wiley Payton, L. C. Ulmer, and Ironing Board Sam. Drew Young and his band will also be playing that Saturday. Food and beverages will be available.
Upcoming Events near Lamar County
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Teenager dies in Covington County car crash
- Two-car accident in Collins kills two, victims names released
- Former sheriff deputy found on opposite side of the law
- Alleged child molester posts $300,000 bond in Covington County
- Collins Fire Department responds to accident thanks to specialized response equipment
- Sumrall woman delivers afghan blankets to Collins veterans
- Suspect charged after string of burglaries at Hattiesburg High School
- Salvation Army collects for Christmas Angels
- C Spire launches next phase of its fiber to the home initiative: Homeowner Pre-Registration for 100 times faster internet
- Mississippi Supreme Court ruling stands in soccer cases against USM
- Marion County man appears before judge in Marion County sexual battery case
- Columbia police make daylight drug bust
- Marion County man pleads guilty to fondling a 13-year-old boy
- A messy and expensive sewage situation in Columbia is close to being resolved.
- Marion County child molestation suspect's bond revoked