Gulf Coast Libraries to exhibit works by artist Linda Lang Ishee | Arts & Culture
The University of Southern Mississippi Gulf Coast Libraries will host a reception Sept. 6 from 4 – 6 p.m. for the art exhibit of Gulfport artist and Southern Miss alumna Linda Lang Ishee, currently on display at the library at the university’s Gulf Park campus in Long Beach.
The exhibit, on display until Sept. 24, features a variety of paintings, including large tropicals, landscapes, still lifes and figurative works by Ishee. Primarily an oil painter and also teaching art in her Gulfport studio, Ishee’s work can also be seen at Gallery 782 in Biloxi, Westside Studio in Hattiesburg, Arts on the Avenue in Pascagoula and her home studio by appointment.
For more on this article, click on the USM WEBSITE.
Upcoming Events near Lamar County
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Teenager dies in Covington County car crash
- Two-car accident in Collins kills two, victims names released
- Former sheriff deputy found on opposite side of the law
- Alleged child molester posts $300,000 bond in Covington County
- Collins Fire Department responds to accident thanks to specialized response equipment
- Columbia police make daylight drug bust
- Marion County man pleads guilty to fondling a 13-year-old boy
- A messy and expensive sewage situation in Columbia is close to being resolved.
- Marion County child molestation suspect's bond revoked
- Marion County Board restores $50,000 of Marion County Development Partnership's budget